Laboratory of computer networks monitoring and management – Room 406
The laboratory specializes in the monitoring and management of computer networks. The equipment in the studio allows you to build an advanced network topology diagram, and at the same time gives students the ability to configure devices that can be found in large corporations. When the constructed network is configured and running, some modifications are made which cause anomalies and undesirable operation of the network. This procedure allows students to read and verify logs containing information about what is not working properly, and what is missing from the configuration in order to minimize or eliminate strange behavior in the constructed network. In addition, it allows you to examine the transmitted packets and verify whether the data is correct or not, and configure devices in such a way that a separate part of the network, e.g. does not receive packets related to communication with the FTP server.
The laboratory is connected to the server room with network devices, including switches, firewalls and routers from various manufacturers. Devices located in the server room are divided into two types of sets:
- study kits for the first and second degree courses, consisting of multifunctional branch / office firewalls, layer 2 and 3 switches, access points with WLC controllers and IP phones (17 x Juniper SRX240H2, 17 x Juniper EX3300, 17 x Juniper WLA322-WW, 17 x Juniper WLA532E-WW, 17 x Juniper VWLC-10, 17 x Yealink SIP-T22P);
- sets for diploma theses, research and development works and subjects selected during the second-cycle studies and the works as part of the third-cycle studies, consisting of multifunctional data center firewalls, layer 3 core switches, ISP class routers, ACS server, firewalls from market leaders NGFW (2 x Juniper SRX 1400, 3 x Juniper SRX550, 3 x Juniper MX10, 6 x Juniper EX4550, 3 x Juniper EX4300, 2 x Juniper EX3300, 5 x Check Point 1120 NGTP, 5 x FortiGate-60D, 3 x Palo Alto Networks PA-500, 3 x Palo Alto Networks PA-200).
Additionally, the server room also includes:
- kits for building and testing copper and fiber-optic connections used in computer networks (1 x EXFO TK-1-730G-023B-XX-COMBO),
- blade server, consisting of 4 blades (with 2 processors each), disk array and network interconnects with the possibility of virtualization (1 x HP BLc7000, 2 x HP BLc VC Flex-10/10D, 4 x HP BL460c Gen8 E5-2630v2, 32 x HP 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-12800R, 8 x HP 120GB 6G SATA SSD, 4 x HP FlexFabric 10Gb, 1 x HP MSA 1040, 12 x HP 600GB 6G SAS 15K HDD),
- two professional terminal servers providing local and remote access to network devices located in the server room (2 x Opengear IM4248-2-DAC-X2-EU)
Lodz University of Technology